For the past few months, I haven’t been working on Feudal much because of the time I have been spending on SexyMotdBungee. With SexyMotdBungee released, I now have free time to resume the development of Feudal.
As a refresher, Feudal is a Bukkit plugin that will bring the old Feudalist government structure (commonly used in medieval Europe) to Minecraft. The Feudalist system is heavily focused around aristocracy, holding only a few people in power while the rest are peasants who work land controlled by wealthy nobles. You can learn a bit more about it here
The Feudal plugin will include the following features (likely more):
- Create a kingdom to rule
- Set positions such as king, queen, prince, princess, duke, duchess, and earls.
- Claim land for your kingdom and its subjects
- Assign land to fiefs (sections of independently governed land) and hand them over to barons and baronesses.
- Create a church and assign it a pope and abbots.
- Create an army controlled by a knight and dame.
- Add player and NPC soldiers
- Add civilians to your kingdom as peasants or serfs
- Set server-wide tax on land claimed by kingdoms
- The first chunk of land claimed is the capitol to which you can build your castle and home.
- If the capitol is captured, the attacking kingdom liberates the kingdom.
- Set chunks as “fortresses”. A fortress must be within a certain chunk radius in order to claim. Fortresses will cost more in tax.
- Set tax on kingdom fiefs and civilians.
- Attack and liberate fortresses to control the land around them.
- Set custom per-kingdom permissions and ranks. (Ex. set building to all or just civilians)
- Built-in permission system to deal with custom kingdom permissions (includes permission groups ALL, CIVILIAN, OFFICIAL, DEPUTY, ROYALTY, and MONARCH)
As said above, as I make the plugin, I will probably think of more to add.
If you are interested in technological stuff, you can track the development progress at the online Github repository here